Thursday, March 3, 2016

Carry On Essentials

As I'm sure is true for most of you, for me, spring break means a lot of traveling. I live about eight hours away from my school, and I don't have a car on campus this year, so having a family member come pick me up to bring me home is always a real hassle- not to mention a long drive. Since Spring Break is so short (only a week) my parents decided that instead of wasting two whole days of break on the road, I would just fly home. I'm pretty good with flying itself, although no matter how many times I do it, I never get over the before-flight stress of missing my flight/not being able to find my gate, etc... I'm riding with some friends to the airport who have a flight five minutes after mine though, so hopefully everything goes off without a hitch. Since I'm only going home for a week, it wasn't really worth it for me to pay to check a bag, so I'm just packing one duffel with all of my clothes, and bringing my favorite Longchamp tote as a personal item. Since I definitely always worry about forgetting the essentials, I decided to make a list of my absolute carry-on essentials for you guys! 
Headphones- These are an absolute essential for flights- especially long ones. Whether you are listening to music or watching a movie, you will definitely not want to forget these. I personally prefer my over-ear headphones to cancel out the noise from the rest of the plane. 
Lip Balm/Lotion- The air on flights can get extremely dry, so I would definitely recommend packing a (TSA size approved!) bottle of hand lotion (Soap and Glory Hand Food is the best- take my word for it) and a little lip balm
Tissues- Honestly, nobody likes getting the sniffles on a plane- and conversely, nobody likes listening to somebody sniffle for hours! Whether it's for you or the stranger next to you, tissues are a must. 
Reading Material- Whether its a magazine, newspaper, textbook, or novel, I love having something to read on a flight. This time I'm going to be bringing a book I have to read for my communications class, but I stuck one of my favorite easy-read romance novels in the picture above! Such a cute story, and definitely a one-day read! 
Laptop/iPad- Aside from having your phone, it's always nice to have a little bit easier-to-use technology with you on a flight if you're planning on watching a movie or doing some work. 
Portable Charger- I bring my Mophie Portable Charger pretty much everywhere that I go. Just in case the battery on my phone gets too low, it's definitely good to have a backup plan! 

I hope this helps you guys in any of your future travels- let me know what your essentials are in your carry on bags!
Xoxo, 
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment